Steak with Capsicum and Caper Relish
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 boneless rib eye steaks sirloin (porterhouse), about 225 g (8 oz) each
- 2 tbsp capers
- 270 g chargrilled capsicum
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar plus extra for drizzling
- 150 g mixed salad leaves or baby rocket (arugula)
- Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Chop the capers, then combine in a small bowl with the capsicum strips, some oil from the jar and the vinegar.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill plate to high. Add the steaks and cook, without turning, for 3–4 minutes, or until small beads of moisture appear on top. Turn the steaks and continue to cook until done to your liking. Remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the salad leaves in a bowl, drizzle lightly with some extra virgin olive oil and extra red wine vinegar and toss.
- Top the steaks with a spoonful of the capsicum and caper relish and serve with the salad leaves.
1494 kJ, 357 kcal, 47 g protein, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrate (2 g sugars), <1 g fibre, 338 mg sodium
VariationSlice the cooked steaks and toss with the capsicum, capers and salad leaves. Top with slices of pan-fried haloumi cheese.