Spicy Skewered Chicken & Prawns
Shutterstock / Timolina
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tsp ground paprica
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 350 g chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into 32 chunks
- 16 raw prawns (shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow capsicum (bell pepper), cut into 16 chunks
- 1 red capsicum cut into 16 chunks
- 1 red onion cut into 16 chunks (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat a barbecue to medium-high. In a large e bowl, mix together paprika, oregano, chilli powder, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken and prawns and toss well to coat.
- In a separate bowl, gently toss capsicums and onion with the oil.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes, to prevent scorching.
- Alternately thread chicken, prawns, capsicums and onion, if using, onto the skewers.
- Barbecue the skewers 15 cm (6 inches) from the heat for 5 minutes, or until chicken and prawns are cooked through, turning skewers halfway during cooking.
Per serving: 1517 kJ, 362 kcal, 45 g protein, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrate (4 g sugars), 702 mg sodium, 1 g fibre