Piri Piri Chicken
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 2 kg chikens
- 1 tbsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Place one chicken, breast side down, on a board. Using kitchen scissors, cut down on either side of the backbone and discard. Turn the chicken over and press firmly down in the centre of the breast to flatten the bird. Repeat with the other chicken. Place into a large non-metallic dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and rub all over the chicken, on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat a kettle or covered barbecue to 180°C, with the hood closed.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, onto a grill rack over indirect heat and close the hood. Cook for 20 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced at the thickest part. Transfer to a plate and rest for 10 minutes, then cut into large pieces to serve. Serve with a salad.
Each serving provides 1611 kJ, 385 kcal, 26 g protein, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 2 g carbohydrate (<1 g sugars), 1 g fibre