Minted Turkey & Mushroom Kebabs
Shutterstock/ AS Food studio
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 600 g lean turkey breast fillet
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 150 g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 300 g mushrooms
- Cut the turkey into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Add the garlic, honey, lime zest and juice, mint and yoghurt. Toss well to coat evenly. Place the turkey in the refrigerator to marinate for 1–2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavours to develop.
- Heat a barbecue or griller to medium heat. Toss the mushrooms in the turkey mixture to coat with the marinade. Thread the turkey pieces and mushrooms alternately onto skewers, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill for 8–10 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally, until the turkey is golden brown and the juices run clear when the pieces are pierced with a knife. Serve with wedges of lime.
- If you prefer, chicken thigh fillets can be used instead of the turkey breast.
- Grilled pita bread and a crisp salad.
Nutrients per serving: Kilojoules 833, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 34 g, Fat 2g (including saturated fat 1 g)