Lemon Chicken And Vegetable Skewers
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper freshly ground
- 8 mushrooms trimmed
- 1 yellow capsicum cut into 12 chunks
- 1 red capsicum cut into 12 chunks
- 1/2 red onion cut into large chunks
- 500 g chicken breast cut into 24 pieces
- Preheat a barbecue to medium-high. In a large bowl, mix together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and capsicums and toss well. Add onion and toss gently.
- Using six 25 cm (10 inch) skewers, thread mushrooms onto one skewer, reserving mixture in bowl. Thread capsicums in alternating colors onto two more skewers, and onion on a fourth skewer.
- Add chicken to mixture remaining in the bowl and toss well. Thread chicken onto final two skewers.
- Place all skewers on the barbecue and cook 15 cm (6 inches) from the heat for 5 minutes, turning chicken and vegetables as they colour, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from skewers and arrange on a serving platter.