Coriander Prawns With Mango Salad
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 16 king prawns peeled with heads and tails intact
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 green chilli seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 green mangoes finely sliced
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 2 red chillies seeded and sliced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup snow pea sprouts
- Thread the prawns lengthways onto 16 small bamboo skewers (soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes beforehand, so that they won't burn).
- Combine the coriander, ? cup of the lime juice, the green chilli, sesame oil, cumin seeds and garlic in a small bowl. Brush the marinade thoroughly over the prawns and put aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mangoes, spring onions, red chillies, brown sugar, mint leaves, snow pea sprouts and the remaining lime juice in a medium serving bowl.
- Preheat a barbecue or a ridged, iron grill pan. Cook the prawns for 1 minute on each side or until cooked through. Serve with bowls of the salad.
Nutrients per serving: Kilojoules 822; Fibre 3g; Protein 24g; Carbohydrate 16g; Saturated Fat 1g; Total Fat 4g; Cholesterol 169mg