Chargrilled Baby Octopus With Roasted Capsicum
Shutterstock/ Andrey Starostin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 red capsicum deseeded and cut lengthwise into flat strips
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained and finely chopped
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tbsp thyme finely chopped
- 1 kg baby octopus gutted and cleaned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch rocket
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Preheat the barbecue or a chargrill pan to high.
- Place the capsicum pieces, skin side up, on the grill rack and cook for 12 minutes or until the skin is blackened. When the capsicums are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into wide strips.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, lime and lemon zest and juices, and thyme in a bowl with the octopus and the oil. Marinate for 10–15 minutes.
- Place the octopus on the chargrill or barbecue and cook over high heat for 5–6 minutes, spooning the marinade over regularly.
- Arrange the capsicum, rocket leaves and octopus on four serving plates. Drizzle each plate with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and garnish with lime wedges.
Nutrition per serve: 3134 kJ; protein 39 g; fat 60 g; saturated fat 9 g; carbohydrate 12 g.