Barbecued Swordfish Tortillas
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 4 rosemary stalks fresh
- 4 bay stalks fresh
- 3 swordfish steaks (about 600 g in total), cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano fresh
- 2 bay leaves (preferably fresh), shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 small tomatoes halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cup baba ghanoush
- Strip all but the top leaves from the rosemary and bay stalks to make skewers.
- Combine the swordfish in a large bowl with the lemon juice, oregano, shredded bay leaves, garlic and oil. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue grill rack to medium heat. Thread the swordfish pieces onto the rosemary and bay skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before use.)
- Cook the skewers on the barbecue grill rack over direct heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface or cutting board and top with baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and the fish skewers. Remove the fish from the skewers. Roll up the tortillas and cut crosswise to serve. Serve the baba ghanoush on the side.
Each serving provides 1576 kJ, 380 kcal, 35 g protein, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 g carbohydrate (4 g sugars), 3 g fibre