Bacon and Fish Kebabs
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 700 g white fish fillets skinless chunky
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 6 bacon rashers rind removed
- 2 zucchini halved lengthwise and thickly sliced
- Put the fish into a bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper to season in a small bowl, or shake together in a screw-top jar. Drizzle 1½ tablespoons of the mixture over the fish and turn it with your hands to coat in the marinade. Set aside.
- Put the bacon onto a board and gently stretch it with the back of a knife. Cut each rasher into four pieces. Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of fish, then thread onto eight oiled skewers, alternating with slices of zucchini.
- Preheat the grill to a moderate heat. Use a pastry brush to coat the kebabs all over with the reserved marinade mixture, then place them on the grill rack.
- Grill for 12–15 minutes, turning from time to time, until the zucchini is tender and the bacon is browned and crispy. To keep the zucchini moist, baste it while cooking with leftover marinade. Check that the fish is cooked by sliding a piece off a skewer and cutting it open; it should be opaque and flake easily. Serve hot, with lemon, pita bread and salad.
Nutrients per serving: 2036 kilojoules, 57 g protein, 28 g total fat, 7 g saturated fat, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre