“Jazz up plain cake with raspberry gelatin and frozen berries. Spread with a light, fruity whipped topping, the festive results make a cool and refreshing dessert.” —Marion Anderson, Dalton, Minnesota
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16||10minutes + chilling||35minutes + cooling|
|16||10minutes + chilling|
|35minutes + cooling|
- Raspberry Cake
- 1 pkg white cake mix regular size
- 1 pkg raspberry gelatin 3 ounces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 pkg frozen sweetened raspberries 10 oz, thawed, undrained
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 10 oz frozen sweetened raspberries thawed, undrained
- fresh raspberries optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, oil and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in raspberries. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, fold whipped topping into raspberries. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
1 piece: 330 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fibre), 4g protein.