Raisin Nut Oatmeal
“There’s no better feeling than waking up to a hot, ready-to-eat breakfast. The oats, fruit and spices in this homey meal cook together while you sleep!” —Valerie Sauber, Adelanto, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans.
Editor's Note: You may substitute 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats for the steel-cut oats and increase the fat-free milk to 4-1/2 cups.
3/4 cup: 289 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fibre), 9g protein.