Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
“In our new cookbook The Kitchen Decoded, we include tabbouleh salad because it’s super simple and filling. Try red quinoa for a slightly earthier flavour.” —Logan Levant, Los Angeles, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6servings||15minutes||15minutes + cooling|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs stems removed
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Place parsley, mint, onion and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add tomatoes and cucumber; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add tomato mixture to quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil and seasonings until blended; drizzle over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving.
2/3 cup: 163 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 5g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.