Pumpkin Spice Cookies
These big, soft spice cookies created by our staff have a sweet frosting that makes them an extra-special treat. Enjoy!
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can solid-pack pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 3 to 4 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, oats and pie spice. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake until edges are golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar, orange zest and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cookies.
1 cookie: 118 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fibre), 1g protein.