Spice up your day with this pumpkin version of the traditional custard dessert.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 8-10|| 20minutes|| 2hours|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 8-10|| 20minutes|
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Generously butter and flour a 2 L / 8-cup round baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg yolks and brown sugar. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in half the crushed cookies and all the nutmeg.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold them gently into the mixture. Pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Bake on the middle rack for 1 hour. Insert the tip of a knife into the middle: if it comes out clean, the flan is done. If not, continue baking another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, run a spatula carefully around the edge to release and unmould onto a large platter. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.