Pumpkin & Cauliflower Garlic Mash
“I wanted healthy alternatives to my family’s favourite recipes. Pumpkin, cauliflower and thyme make an amazing dish. You’ll never miss those plain old mashed potatoes.” —Kari Wheaton, South Beloit, Illinois
Taste of Home
- 1 medium head cauliflower broken into florets (about 6 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 can solid-pack pumpkin 15 ounces
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and garlic cloves; cook, covered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Return to pan; heat through, stirring occasionally.
2/3 cup: 87 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fibre), 4g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.