Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
“Not only do kids love to eat these cupcakes, they can help bake them, too. To make things even easier for them, we got the idea to dunk them in premade caramel apple dip instead of using frosting.” —Donna Schaab, Belleville, Illinois
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||25minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1 package yellow cake mix regular size
- 1 can pumpkin 15 ounces
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 carton caramel apple dip 16 ounces
- Chocolate frosting and decorating icing optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Combine the first 8 ingredients. Beat on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with caramel apple dip. Decorate, if desired, with frosting and decorating icing. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 cupcake: 178 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.