Puff Pastry Holly Leaves
“These elegant appetizers get rave reviews at my office holiday party. The pastry leaves look as if they require hours in the kitchen, but the prep work takes just 30 minutes.” —Angela King, Walnut Cove, North Carolina
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||30minutes||15minutes + cooling|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 1 package frozen puff pastry thawed, 17.3 ounces
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 24 pimiento pieces
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. From each sheet, cut out 12 leaves with a floured 3-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With a toothpick, score veins in leaves. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, parsley and pesto. Slice each pastry leaf in half. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over bottom half; replace top. Add a pimiento piece on each for a holly berry. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 appetizer: 151 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fibre), 3g protein.