Puff Pastry Canapés
Looking for sophistication at a budget-friendly price? This tender puff pastry from Walmart is prepared with two different toppings to whet the appetites of your Christmas party guests.
Photo: Courtesy of WALMART CANADA
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 450 g package butter puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pear thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup arugula
- 8 slices prosciutto cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Heat oven to 400F (200C). Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Unroll one sheet of puff pastry. Cut pastry evenly into 4 strips. Cut each strip evenly into 4 parts to make 16 squares. Place on prepared pan, score 2 or 3 times with a fork and brush with egg wash. Bake until golden and puffed; about 14 minutes. Repeat with remaining sheet. Cool 5 minutes.
- Spread each square with 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ricotta cheese. Top 16 squares with pear slices, walnuts and a drizzle of honey. Top remaining 16 squares with arugula, prosciutto and sun-dried tomatoes.