Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads and muffins
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads and muffins
Special diet :
400 g (14 oz) commercial puff pastry
3 egg yolks, beaten
120 g (1/4 lb) prosciutto, thinly sliced
10 ml (2 tsp) fennel seeds, crushed
180 ml (3/4 cup / 50 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough out into two rectangles, each 20 cm x 37 cm / 8” x 16”.
- Brush one rectangle with the beaten egg yolk and arrange the prosciutto slices on top. Sprinkle with the fennel seeds, half the cheese and pepper to taste.
- Brush the other rectangle with egg yolk and place it, yolk side down, on top of the filling, pressing lightly.
- Brush the top with egg yolk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, pressing with your palms so that the cheese sticks to the dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1 cm / 1/2” slices.
- Twist each strip and place the twists side by side on a baking sheet lined with parchment, leaving some space between them.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2553