Prosciutto and Fresh Fig Crostini
Not sure how to top your crostini? Try Chef Vanessa Gianfrancesco’s recipe, which combines prosciutto, figs and mascarpone cheese. Buon appetito!
Photo: Courtesy of Vanessa Gianfrancesco
- 1 French baguette
- 454 g mascarpone cheese or ricotta
- 12 slices prosciutto di parma
- 6 fresh figs
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground pepper
- to garnish olive oil
- Make your crostini by cutting a baguette into 1½ inch slices. I prefer a baguette because the shape is perfect to make a crostini. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- With the crostini still warm, generously spread the mascarpone on the crostini and then layer the fresh prosciutto over it. Using your hands tear the fig apart into 4 equal pieces and place rustically over the prosciutto.
- Finish it off by tearing some fresh basil, drizzle with olive oil and crack fresh black pepper.
Originally Published in Our Canada