Pressure-Cooker Smoked Salmon Pasta
“I love making one-pot pastas in my pressure cooker. Every noodle soaks up the flavours of the delicious ingredients. I tried a version with some leftover smoked fish and fresh dill, and boom—this smoked salmon pasta was born. It’s now a staple in our house because the dish is on the table in a half hour and the kids love it!” —Shannon Dobos, Calgary, Alberta
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon fillets flaked
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- additional dill optional
- lemon slices optional
- Place broth, salmon, cream, dill and pepper in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; top with penne (do not stir). Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 8 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Gently stir before serving. If desired, top with additional dill and lemon slices.
1-1/4 cups: 322 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 15g protein.