Potato Sausage Casserole
“The subtle spices in this sausage potato casserole give it a distinctive flavour that my family has loved for years. Not only is this hearty casserole a great main dish on your dinner table, it also reheats nicely.” —Mrs. Fred Osborn, Thayer, Kansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- minced fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, 60-65 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. If desired, garnish with parsley.
1 cup: 430 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 17g protein.