Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa
“I’ve made quite a few tacos in my day, but you can’t beat the tender filling made in a slow cooker. These are by far the best pork tacos we’ve had—and we’ve tried plenty. Make the mango salsa from scratch if you have time! Yum.” —Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 small red onion coarsely chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 bottle dark Mexican beer 12 ounces
- 3 lb pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar mango salsa 16 ounces
- 24 corn tortillas warmed, 6 inches
- cubed fresh pineapple
- chopped avocado
- Queso fresco
- Puree first 9 ingredients in a blender; stir in beer. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine pork and pineapple mixture. Cook, covered, on low until pork is very tender, 6-8 hours. Stir to break up pork.
- Stir cilantro into salsa. Using a slotted spoon, serve pork mixture in tortillas; add salsa and toppings as desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and cooking juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
2 tacos: 282 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.