Pork Grapefruit Stir-Fry
“For a refreshing change of pace, try this easy sweet-and-sour stir-fry.” — Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah.
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup thawed grapefruit juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper julienned
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1-1/2 lb pork tenderloin cut into thin strips
- 3 medium grapefruit peeled and sectioned
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- hot cooked rice optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, grapefruit juice concentrate, water, soy sauce, honey and ginger; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry zucchini and red pepper in oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Add half of the pork; stir-fry until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add sauce to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Return pork and vegetables to pan; stir until coated. Gently stir in grapefruit. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice if desired.
1-1/4 cups: 320 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fibre), 27g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.