Plum Pork Spicy Meatballs with Bok Choy and Zucchini
“I am a huge fan of sweet, salty and spicy, and with the new year in full swing, I’m trying to make healthier choices. This recipe is so satisfying and delicious, you won’t miss any pasta or rice. If you don’t want spiralized zucchini, any thin noodles will work, too.” —Susan Mason, Puyallup, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 jar Plum sauce 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs divided
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 lb bok choy trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- sesame seeds optional
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Reserve 1-1/4 cups for sauce. Pour remaining mixture into a large bowl; add egg and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Add pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 16 balls. Place remaining 1 cup bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll meatballs in bread crumbs to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. In batches, cook meatballs until cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove and keep warm. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Add zucchini and bok choy; cook and stir over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes. Add meatballs and reserved sauce; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1 serving: 647 calories, 34g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1656mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.