Pizza Meat Loaf Cups
“Fix and freeze these moist little meat loaves packed with pizza flavour. They’re great to reheat for an after-school snack or quick dinner on soccer night. My family likes to drizzle extra pizza sauce on top.” —Susan Wollin, Marshall, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 lb ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional pizza sauce and basil leaves Optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Divide into 12 portions; press each onto the bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup. Add cheese to centers.
- Bake until meat is cooked through, 15-18 minutes. If desired, top with additional sauce and basil before serving.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat loaves in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through.
2 meat loaf cups: 327 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 29g protein.