“This wonderful pistachio cookie recipe is fun to make and everyone will be impressed with how pretty the green colouring is. They’re one of my favourite holiday cookies.” —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 3 drops green food colouring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix 3.4 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or pecans
- 1/2 cup green coloured sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and confectioners' sugar until blended (mixture will clump together). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract and food colouring.
- Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in coloured sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 54 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.