Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
Taste the tropics with our cool, crispy take on shrimp tacos. Wrapping the shells in lettuce adds even more crunch while keeping the tacos tidy after you take a bite. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined, 26-30 per pound
- 3 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 large sweet orange pepper sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper sliced
- 1 small onion halved and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas warmed, 6 inches
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and pineapple in remaining oil until vegetables are tender. Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return shrimp to the skillet; heat through. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese. Wrap lettuce around tortillas to serve.
2 tacos: 382 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fibre), 27g protein.