“A co-worker shared the recipe for this refreshing pineapple dessert years ago. Every time I take it somewhere, it’s a favourite.” — Betty Wiersma, Sherwood Park, Alberta
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|9servings||15minutes||10minutes + cooling|
|10minutes + cooling|
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cans crushed pineapple 8 ounces each, undrained
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 ounces
- whipped topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat ice cream and pudding mix on low speed 2 minutes or until blended and thickened. Spoon over crust. Top with pineapple mixture. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
1 piece: 254 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.