Pineapple Breeze Torte
“This lovely torte features ladyfingers, a creamy filling and a crushed pineapple topping. It’s a special treat for my large family and a must at Christmas.” —Barbara Joyner, Franklin, Virginia
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||25minutes + chilling||5minutes + cooling|
|12servings||25minutes + chilling|
|5minutes + cooling|
- 3 packages soft ladyfingers split, 3 ounces each
- 1 package fat-free cream cheese 8 ounces
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 carton frozen reduced-fat whipped topping thawed, 8 ounces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can unsweetened crushed pineapple undrained, 20 ounces
- Line bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with ladyfinger halves; reserve remaining ladyfingers for layering.
- Beat cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture over bottom ladyfingers. Layer with remaining ladyfingers, overlapping as needed. Spread with remaining filling. Refrigerate, covered, while preparing topping.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in pineapple. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread topping gently over torte. Refrigerate, covered, until set, at least 4 hours. Remove rim from pan.
1 slice: 243 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.