Dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in crushed peppermint candy, this flavourful biscotti is a surefire hit!
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3-1/2dozen||1hour||15minutes per batch|
|15minutes per batch|
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peppermint candies crushed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies crushed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each biscotti into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 121 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.