Pepper Ricotta Primavera
“Garlic, peppers and herbs top creamy ricotta cheese in this meatless skillet meal you can make in just 20 minutes.” —Janet Boulger, Botwood, Newfoundland and Labrador
Taste of Home
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium green pepper julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper julienned
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fettuccine cooked and drained
- Whisk together ricotta cheese and milk; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute. Add next 7 ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese mixture to fettuccine; top with vegetables. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 229 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fibre), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.