Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
“I loved chicken nuggets as a child. This baked version is healthier than the original, and it’s a great meal for kids.” — Haili Carroll, Valencia, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cornflakes, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a blender; cover and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake 12-16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking.
3 ounces cooked chicken: 203 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 24g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.