Peas with Pancetta and Dill
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
750 ml (3 cups) fresh peas*
10 thin slices, pancetta
Olive oil, as required
1 onion, sliced thinly
50 ml (4 tbsp) butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook the peas in boiling, salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the pancetta in a little olive oil until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, crumble and add to the peas.
- In a large skillet, wilt the onions in the butter.
- Add the pea-pancetta mixture and reheat.
- Season to taste, add the dill, stir to combine and serve.
*Use frozen peas if fresh ones are not available.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2689