Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
Peanut butter cupcakes? You bet. They’re surprisingly delicious, and kids of all ages will love them. The mini peanut butter cups also eliminate the need to add frosting.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16cupcakes||15minutes||25minutes + cooling|
|25minutes + cooling|
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Press a peanut butter cup into the center of each until top edge is even with batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.