Packed with peanuts, this classic candy is both crunchy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick butter unsalted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups peanuts lightly salted
- Grease and line a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with foil.
- In a large, heavy saucepan over moderate heat, cook the sugar, butter, and water, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes a golden-brown syrup, about 25 minutes. Remove to a cool surface.
- Stir in the peanuts and pour mixture into the pan, spreading the nuts evenly.
- Let peanut brittle set and cool before breaking into bite-size pieces. It can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 month.