Peaches and Cream Quick Bread
Number of servings : 16 slices Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads
Number of servings : 16 slices
Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads and muffins
Special diet :
2 medium peaches
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted wheat germ
3/4 cup (175 mL) 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) fat-free sour cream
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-light olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) almond oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Lightly spray 9 x 5-inch (22 x 12 cm) loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Blanch peaches in medium saucepan of boiling water for 20 seconds. Peel, pit, and finely chop peaches (you should have about 1 cup / 250 mL).
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine sour cream, whole egg, egg whites, oil, and almond extract in small bowl. Make well in dry ingredients, pour in sour cream mixture, and stir just until combined. Fold in peaches.
- Spoon batter into pan, smoothing top. Bake until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely before slicing.