Healthy Pasta with Puttanesca Sauce
Tired of plain old pasta? Spice up your spaghetti with this hot and hearty Italian recipe.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 370 g spaghetti
- 4 black olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 796 ml canned tomatoes crushed
- 1 tbsp capers drained and rinsed
- 2 anchovies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or according to the package instructions. Drain and keep hot. Meanwhile, crush the olives with the side of a large knife; remove the pits and finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic until golden, 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, capers, anchovies and chili powder. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens slightly, 10 minutes. Stir in the olives.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce in the frying pan and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.