Party Cheese Bread
“You can’t go wrong with this recipe. The cheesy, butter bread is so simple to make but the taste is sinful. Plus it looks fantastic, and people just flock to it! It’s better than the usual garlic bread with pasta, too.” —Karen Grant, Tulare, California
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread 1 pound
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- minced fresh chives optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Insert cheese in cuts.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except chives; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Unwrap; bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
1 serving: 237 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 10g protein.