Parmesan Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
“I’ve liked the chicken and artichoke combo for a long time. Here’s my own lemony twist. With all the praise it gets, this dinner is so much fun to serve.” —Carly Giles, Hoquiam, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans water-packed artichoke hearts 14 ounces each, drained and quartered
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon cut into 8 slices
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. In a small bowl, mix rosemary, thyme and pepper; sprinkle half over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, onion, wine, garlic, remaining oil and remaining herb mixture; toss to coat. Arrange around chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese; top with lemon slices.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup artichoke mixture: 339 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.