“Big on flavour and easy on the cook’s time, this orange-chipotle chicken recipe is appealing. The sweet-yet-hot sauce gets its heat from the chipotle pepper. I serve this dish with a side of rice.” —Cittie, Tasteofhome.com Community
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- 1-1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1-1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, marmalade, oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper, honey, chili powder and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Place cooking juices in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
- Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally; add broth or water if necessary.
1 chicken breast half : 324 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fibre), 35g protein.