No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
For an airy delight on a summer afternoon, try this mouthwatering cheesecake from Hastings, Nebraska’s Ken Gallagher. Because it doesn’t contain eggs, it’s lighter but also very creamy and refreshing.
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 22 wafers)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1-1/4 tsp unflavoured gelatin
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl; gradually beat in gelatin mixture until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest. Beat in marshmallow creme. Fold in whipped topping.
- Puree blueberries in a food processor; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
1 slice: 523 calories, 34g fat (21g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.