No-Bake Apple Pie
“We always have an abundance of apples in the fall, so I like to make this easy pie. My husband has diabetes, and this recipe fits into his diet…but everyone enjoys it.” —Shirley Vredenburg, Ossineke, Michigan
Taste of Home
- 1 package sugar-free lemon gelatin 0.3 ounce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups water divided
- 5 medium tart apples peeled and sliced
- 1 package sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix 0.8 ounce
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust 9 inches
- whipped topping optional
- In a large saucepan, mix gelatin, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1-1/2 cups water. Add apples; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix pudding mix and remaining water; stir into apple mixture. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Transfer to crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
1 piece: 202 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fibre), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.