Molten Mocha Cake
“When I first made my decadent slow-cooker chocolate cake, my husband’s and daughter’s expressions said it all. She says it’s one of her favourites. Later, I brought one of these to our next-door neighbours. Their teenage son, who answered the door, ate the whole thing without telling anyone else about it!” —Aimee Fortney, Fairview, Tennessee
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries optional
- Whisk together first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs, 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Serve warm. If desired, serve with ice cream and raspberries.
Test Kitchen tips
- Top with caramel and chopped nuts for a turtle flavour variation.
1 serving: 482 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.