Mocha Ricotta Pie
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Pies/Tarts | Pies/Tarts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Pies/Tarts | Pies/Tarts
Special diet :
500 ml (2 cups) Ricotta cheese
60 ml (1/4 cup) country-style 35% cream
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
60 ml (1/4 cup) strong espresso coffee or 1 heaping teaspoon of instant coffee (1/4 cup)
dissolved in 65 ml boiling water, cooled
4 large eggs
1 23-cm (9-in) chocolate crumb pie shell
5 ml (1 tsp) flour
60 ml (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
30 ml (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
Dark and white chocolate curls to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a food processor, pulse the Fiorella cheese, cream, sugar and coffee until just blended.
- With the machine running, add eggs one at a time. Pour mixture into chocolate pie shell.
- Coat chocolate chips with flour and sprinkle carefully over the pie so they don’t sink into the filling.
- Place pie on middle rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 160°C / 300°F and bake another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with cocoa and garnish with chocolate curls.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2167