Mocha Pumpkin Seeds
“Roasted pumpkin seeds are a classic fall snack. Kick them up a notch with instant coffee and cocoa powder for a mix that’s mocha genius at any time of year.” —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups salted shelled pumpkin seeds pepitas
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small food processor; cover and pulse until finely ground.
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Stir in pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with sugar mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer in a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until dry and no longer sticky, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Store in an airtight container.
1/4 cup: 142 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.