Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
“These little cheesecakes make a fun dessert that’s just right for cooks who don’t have a lot of time for fussy recipes. Plus, you get to eat the whole thing yourself!” —Kay Keller, Morenci, Michigan
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers about 30 wafers
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- red food colouring optional
Test Kitchen Tips
- Give these a sweet-salty spin and use crushed pretzels instead of vanilla wafers.
- Replace the cherries with strawberries to celebrate warm-weather produce making its yearly debut.
1 mini cheesecake: 213 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.