Minestrone Soup in a Mug
Experiment with fresh vegetables, herbs, and other fresh ingredients from your grocer or farmer’s market. You’d be surprised how elaborate you can get and nobody will ever know it was prepared in a microwave.
Jim Wieland / RD.com
- 1 yellow potato cut in 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 8 oz vegetable stock
- 1 leaf kale
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1 leaf of Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- Put the potatoes, onion, garlic, and vegetable stock in the mug and cook for four minutes at high power in the microwave.
- Let it rest for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook on high power for three minutes.
- Season to taste with also a drizzle of olive oil and heat in microwave for an additional two minutes.