“Spice up your next beer by making it into a Michelada—a light beer or lager mixed with tomato juice and hot sauce.” – Chris Jacks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large tomato
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- 3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- dash oregano
- dash basil
- 1 bottle beer (Recommended: Amsterdam Brewing Co. blonde lager)
- cayenne pepper optional rimmer
- Fill small pot with 1/2 cup of water and tomato. Cook on medium heat for five to 10 minutes, adding salt, pepper, oregano, basil, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Once cooked, strain contents through a fine strainer. Keep liquid as Michelada mix; set aside solid. (Makes a great base for salsa!) Let cool in fridge.
- Rim pint glass with salt and cayenne pepper (optional). Pour 3 oz. of Michelada mix into pint glass. Add beer.