Mexican-Inspired Chicken Soup
“This zesty chicken taco soup is loaded with corn and black beans in a mildly spicy red broth. As a busy mom of three young children, I’m always looking for dinner recipes that can be prepared in the morning. The kids love the taste of this easy soup.” —Marlene Kane, Lainesburg, Michigan
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can V8 juice 32 ounces
- 1 jar salsa 16 ounces
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained, 15 ounces
- 1 package frozen corn thawed, 10 ounces
- Optional toppings:
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
1-1/2 cups: 304 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1199mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fibre), 29g protein.